Thursday, October 15, 2009

Holiday Slump

At the moment I am on school hoidays but not for much longer.

Due to my Beau being away with college still I have no one to go away with as everyone else who I would like to go away with (and those that could out up with me) are working.

I feel like I haven't really done anything at all these hols -  although I know I have.  I haven't just been doing "nothing".  So in the interest of making myself feel like they were worthwhile, here is a list of things  have done:


  • Booked a wedding venue (more on this later)
  • Spring cleaned the kitchen - although you can't tell anymore
  • Spent a day driving around an area I may be moving to at the end of the year (depending on the placement that we get) to decide where we might like to buy our first home together (and the first house I will have ever lived in).
  • Done my tax return for last year
  • Eaten about a million pieces of nougat.
  • Cooked some lovely food
  •  Done a few days of thrift shopping with my Mum and Grandparents
  • Designed a wedding website
  • Gotten my car fixed (someone crashed into my while it was parked - in a car park -  and didn't leave a note).
  • Done some Christmas shopping and made some present idea lists.
  • Caught up with a few friends I haven't seen in ages.
  • Had my hair "done"

To make this post a bit more interesting I thought I would do a list of all of things that I am in love with at the moment:

  • Nougat as previously mentioned.  My favourite is Massam's honey and almond.

  • Sleeping-in while everyone else is getting up.   I love my Tempur mattress.  My bedroom feels very calming in the morning.  This isn't my bed but kind of has the same colours and head board.

  • The ocean temperature - it's about 20 which is the same as out.  I know because my brother made me go for a swim.



  • Champagne - I'm averaging a bottle every two days!


  • CD player in my hire car - my normal car doesn't have one - I can listen to jazz all day!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...