Friday, January 29, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
The Beau and I have had a offer excepted on a house! We are moving.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
This last week I remembered to actually take some pictures of the things I have been cooking. Not all but some. So from last week (and a bit earlier) here are:
Summer vegetable and goats cheese salad
Japanese mushrooms noodles
Orichiette with caramelized tomato and buffalo mozzarella (a Maggie Beer inspired recipe)
Brown rice sushi
Rooibos tea in my favourite china (Athens)
and a picture of the lovely summer weather in Dee Why, Australia at the moment.
This week my recipes are coming from Vegetarian Cooking: A commonsense guide. It has some really beautiful pictures and some great sounding recipes.
B: Miso soup and baked beans on toast
L: Salad and mini frittatas (p 54)
D: Artichoke risoni ( p 128) and cauliflower fritters (p 151)
B: Brown rice and gomashio
L: Potato and sweet corn chowder (p 61)
D: Rice and macadamia patties (p 173)
B: Boiled egg and toast
L: Bruschetta (using turkish bread)
D: Prawn toasts, mushroom and hazelnut ravioli, salad and lemon tart (Mum for dinner)
B: Bannock with tahini and marmalade
D: Mexican Monday
26/01/10 - Australia Day
B: Miso soup with tofu and polenta
L: Soup and Salad
D: Mum’s birthday party
B: Miso soup and fried polenta
L: Spicy parsnip soup
B: Bannocks with tahini and marmalade
L: Shopping so sushi lunch out and coffee
D: Polenta crusted chargrill veggie pie.
Friday, January 15, 2010
- Burgers with "fast fries" - these were delicious and for myself I used the same recipe but used vegetarian mince (TVP) but I had to add an egg to bind it together and fry it in a ring. The fast fried were maybe the most dangerous thing I have cooked the way the splatter so "watch it and stand well back".
- Naan pizza's were delicious - I put roast pumpkin and sweet potato on them and has sweet chili cheddar cheese on top.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Some time ago I caught the tail end of a movie that I thought was just breathtaking. I knew from the television program that it was called Sissi but I had no idea that there were actually 3 Sissi movies or the story about Sissi was the life of the beloved Elisabeth Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
- Continue my quest to become a better vegetarian - sometimes in 2009 I had fish and prawns and shellfish so this year I will cut out the shellfish. In 2009 I also stopped drinking milk in most things (I did have the occasional hot chocolate or milkshake though) so in 2010 I will try to up the soy milk factor in those things.
- I will go to church more. Hopefully twice a month now. One of these Sunday's I play the music at church but I would like to go another time. However with our move this may be tricky so I will look for another Church when we move.
- The Beau and I have decided to sit down together once a day for a meal. This has become really important now that he is doing shift work.
- Do exercise once a week (a walk or yoga counts). Look to up this as I get better at the once a week.
- Not to let things I can't fix get me down. For example, people parking where they shouldn't where we live.
- Blog at least twice a week. One will be my menu plan and the other I will do a clothes or vintage related post. I will also endeavor to proof-read my blogs so the spelling is not so atrocious.
- In relation to my menu planning I am going to try and be better with money. This year we are getting married and buying our first home, so I need to track my spending and really stick to my budget (especially as at this stage I am unemployed!). I would like to keep a ledger like 50s Girl speaks of in her blog but am unsure of I should try it on the computer first. I will have to look into this a bit more.