Thursday, January 7, 2010

Menu Planning


This picture comes from: Arkiva Tropica

This last week I have mostly stuck to my menu planning but I have had to make a few extra meals or servings because this week it seems like we have had people for dinner every night! Which I like because when they all say everything is delicious it's all worth it.

I really enjoyed a lot of the new recipes that I tried last week so some of them are making a comeback.  So I am still using the two macrobiotic books from last week but I am also using Nigella Express this week.






I have also been trying to stick to a food budget which is hard for me as normally that's what I would spend my money on - not clothes, or going out - just ingredients.  So with my shop for the following week I have come under budget but now I just have to not buy anything else until 14/1/10.  I will have to do with what I have (which is not inconsiderable) and I have to use it before we move anyway!

For my menu this week starting on Friday:



8/1/10

B: Fried mushrooms on sourdough toast (same as last week - they were delicious, easy and filling)
L: Brown Rice Ramen in broth (from a sachet).  Or plain ramen in leftover soup.
D: Prawn Toast, Miso soup, Noodles and Edamame.

9/1/10

B: Brown rice with umeboshi
L: Vegetable soup with miso
D: Green vegetable curry with Pilaf rice


10/1/10

B: Miso soup and polenta
L: Sesame peanut noodles (Nigella Express recipe)
D: Burgers with "fast" fries (Nigella Express recipe) and salad.

11/1/10

B: Tofu scramble
L: Butternut and sweet potato soup (Nigella Express Recipe) and toast with hummus.
D: Mexican Monday (boys decide)


12/1/10

B: Fired polenta, miso soup and yoghurt
L:Crunchy salad with hour and sour dressing (Nigella Express recipe) and leftover soup
D: Mum's


13/1/10

B: Toast and tea
L: Miso soup, brown rice and leftovers
D: Grandma's


14/1/10

B: Bannocks with tahini and marmalade,  Miso soup
L: Leftover's or lunch out while shopping.
D: Naan pizza (with vegan cheese for me) and salad (Nigella Express recipe)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...