2014 has been a year that has been filled with love and trucks, wheels, mess, some sadness, changes and hopes.
In 2015, I will no longer be working for anyone else. I will be returning to some music tutoring and will be focusing on being a full-time mum. I don't think that it has really hit me yet. In Australia, school breaks from mid December through to the end of January so it feels like I'm just on holidays. However I have been feeling like it is time to start bringing a bit of structure back after Christmas and all the catch-ups we have been having with everyone. When I have a plan I feel like I can fit more in, and accompllish more with less hassle so...
here are some goals for January in no particular order:
- Have a proper stretch/yoga session every couple of days (toting around 14 kilos has not been kind to my back)
- Take my boy outside everyday and do something physical (sandcastles/park/swimming/walking) to tire us both out.
- Begin blogging again (check!)
- Read a chapter of the Bible every day (I began this last year and I am following the suggested plan at Women Living Well - I also am part of an email accountability group for this)
- Have more of a schedule for everyday as well as a weekly plan (e.g - Monday's we visit Mor Mor) so Jack feels more comfortable with the world in general (he is a little shy of everyone and worries about me going out).
- Only have one alcoholic drink a night - and enjoy it sitting outside - not watching the television!
- Read with my boy every day - not just at bed time.
- Continue to declutter everything!
- SMS three friends every week to organise some kind of catch-up or ask how they are.
- Attempt for one week to get up earlier than the boy (which will be about 5.15am) and be showered and dressed before he is up and see how this impacts our schedule etc.