I also think that it is much better value to make your own museli than to buy it as any of the ones that I like are about $10 for a small box and my husband doesn't like sultanas and most of them have sultanas.
This is what it looks like after it has been toasted and turned over a few times.
The ingredients that I use change all of the times depending on what we have, what I need to use up, what is on special at the shop and who I am making it for. I have not specified amounts because you just need to use your eye and the amounts change depending on what baking tray you use etc.
Coconut flakes or dessicated coconut
Banana Chips (I think these are vile but they are easy enough to pick out...)
Brown Rice Syrup
Almond oil (this can be any vegetable oil that doesn't have a string taste)
1. Preheat the oven to about 180. Line a baking tray with foil (so much easier that soaking and scrubbing - I have tested).
2. Add all dry ingredients to tray.
3. Pour over wet ingredients. You only need a tiny bit of oil to help everything move around in the tray easily and also the treacle is VERY strong - go steady.
4. Mix everything well and bake for 10 minutes. I have to set a timer or I forget and it burns quite quickly because of the complex sugars.
5. Mix again and put back for another 10 - 15 minutes (I also rotate my tray and change shelves - I have a traditional oven).
6. When toasty remove and mix. Leave to cool for 5 minutes than decant into a lovely jar.