Monday, July 2, 2012

Inspiration on a Monday: Glamorous Mum No. 2


Here is my installment of glamorous mums to inspire this week.  Jennifer L. Scott is a author who has penned the style guide Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris. 



The book will be available on November 6, 2012 and Amazon have this to say about it:

Have you ever wondered what everyday life is like inside a modern, aristocratic Parisian household? The French are notoriously secretive when it comes to their private lives, but Jennifer L. Scott’s Lessons from Madame Chic uncovers the very secrets and lifestyle traits that allow Parisians to live such fulfilling and passionate lives.

Jennifer also has a blog: The Daily Connoisseur and a YouTube channel and a Twitter channel, which cover many topics such as book reviews, interesting female personalities, product reviews, cookbooks, how to make drinks, how to do a manicure - everything you could thin of.. orchids!

I found Jennifer through her YouTube channel.  I loved her videos so much.  I went a watched all of them in one sitting and I do still go back and watch some of them to refresh my memory about certain things.  Most of her videos are based on the ideas that appear in her book about how to live life like a French women. 

Here are my favourite videos:

How Jennifer stores her make-up - I have some weird obsession with seeing how other people live.  Any video about re-arranging a pantry or wardrobe is sure to interest me so I loved the chance to sneak a peak in her vanity.




Only Use the Best Things You Have - I have spoken about this attitude awhile back when my Great Grandmother passed.  Life is too short to think "I will only use that for best".  Nora Ephron wrote an article about it awhile that was reprinted in London Times and tweeted by Nigella Lawson.  Everyone should be using all their lovely things every day because then every day will be lovely.




Staying Chic while Expecting - Obviously this is interesting to me.  After watching it I went out and bought quite a few pairs of leggings (though mostly cheaper ones than mentioned in the video) and I have also noted that as I will only be wearing these clothes for a short while I do not need piles and piles of maternity wear.  I am going for a maternity capsule wardrobe - another topic covered by Jennifer.  I am still wearing my pre-maternity tops and some skirts with stretchy waists - but I have to confess I cannot wait until it is warmer and I can wear beautiful floaty clothes and sarongs!


 


Jennifer has two children - one which is alomst a newborn so I am finding all of her advice and tips especially handy at this point in time.  Here's hoping I can be as chic as Jennnifer and Madame Chic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...