With my work, I don't get paid regulary. Yes, i am a tecaher but most of my work os ocntract work, meabing that I only get paid after the invioce has been issued and the client finds funds to pay me. Some of the work I do, is paid in cash, but I only get paid if the students comes to their lesson - eg. if they are sick, on holidays, public oliday, the school has a sport day - no pay. This happens quite reguralry which is part of the reason for trying to set up a full timetable.
So this week apart from menu planning all my meals I am going to pu in place the following strategies:
- Change my Foxtel subscription to remove it from the second bedroom (saving $20) and change the packages around so I am only paying for the channels I watch (saving $20) so my Foxtel bill will hopefully be reduced by $40/month.
- Write out a shopping list to match my menu plan. Go through everything to double check I don't already have it - how many cans of coconut cream do really need?
- Not buy coffee out this week. I only have a short black so can easily make that at home with the French Press.
- No magazines - this was actually one of my New Year resolution. Oops.
- No go out for lunch or dinner - apart from anything the Beau has planned when I go an visit him on campus this weekend.
- Always take the snack with me on my menu plan so I don't have to be hungry and buy something - or eat crappy food.
- Look at others expenses I can get rid of.
The Australian Government has recently given everyone a $900 stimulus package to help the economy (Australian). I have received mine but not yet put it to anything. I am in four minds about this!
- Pay off some of my last remaining credit card debt.
- Put it to my Superannuation
- Spend it on locally produced goods and services as it was intended
- Keep if for a rainy day.