Being interested in vintage means that I am probably more exposed to the traditional role of the homemaker than other people in my position and I like the thought of creating a home, like my Grandmother did for her family, and knowing that it will be appreciated and remembered with a smile.
I am sure that there are a lot of people in my situation at the moment: looking for work, eager to do anything (waitress, reception work, bar work), not just what I spent six years at university studying for. I am getting slightly fed up with cover letters and CV and finding documents etc, so I thought that I would write a list of 30 things that I would like to achieve by the end of the year (my list was made after reading this one here). By focusing on improving myself and being thankful for what I do have will send out some good energy into the universe!
Line through = done
Highlighted = in process of
Highlighted Purple = trying for the second time.
- Do Yoga every morning for a week.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
- Don't complain about anything for a whole day
- Go one week without TV
- Create a fortnightly menu from food in the pantry/fridge - no shopping
- Do some exercise with my husband - once a month.
- Watch all 6 Star Wars in order in 24 hours
- Do 10 nice things for people without telling them
- Create a proper vegetable garden
- Pray every day
- Stop answering/calling when I am driving
- Learn to use the lawnmower
- Cook my husband all his favourite meals for a week
- Do a 3 day detox
- Write my half-sister and half-brother a letter once a month
- Begin to learn shorthand
- Begin to study Italian again
- Play my clarinet once a week
- Be able to play Christmas Carols on my guitar by the end of the year
- Be able to run for 15 minutes without stopping
- SMS all my friends once a month telling them how lovely they are
- Schedule a catch-up day once a month to see friends and family living far away
- Sail on a long voyage (overnight at least)
- Have all the mending done by the end of the year
- Make my dress for the 50s Fair this year
- Visit Rose Seidler House on a Sunday
- Go to high tea with all the women in my family.
- Take a picnic to the botanic gardens.
- Be debt free
- Not buy any handbags or magazines.