Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Baking: Day 1 - Muesli

This year - as I do every year - I am making home-made food items to give to my family and friends as Christmas gifts.  I love putting together bags of beautifully wrapped treats that I know they will enjoy.  Home-made food gifts is also a great way to keep the cost of Christmas down ans stay away from the crowds at the mall.

This year I plan to make:
 I have gotten the recipes from magazines, the internet and my own notebook.

The one I am starting with - because it is the easiest and will keep the longest, is the muesli.


I know I have posted the recipe before but if you would like to make this version you will need:

  • Oats
  • Puffed millet
  • Chia seeds
  • Dried apricots - chopped into pieces - I think scissors are the easiest
  • Dessicated coconut
  • Dried cranberries
  • Molasses
  • Almond Oil - or other nut/falvourless oil
  • Golden Syrup/Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup - some form of sweetener
  • Sunflower Seeds

Follow the method posted about here.






Step 1: Put everything into the baking dish





Step 2: Mix it all so everything is coasted with the sweeteners.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...