Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Baking: Day 3 - Salted Caramel Fudge



Ok - so it is now almost New Years but I did complete most of the things that I wanted to give out before Christmas - I just ran out of time to blog about them!  So I thought that I would post them all anyway - here is the third item - salted caramel fudge.

This fudge is good - smooth and almost too sweet - but the salt really does work in some magical way to make it edible rather than "I feel sick".

I have made this before from a recipe I pinned on Pinterest but I cannot remember which one I used so I wrote out the recipe this time and I am pretty sure it is the same one because it takes exactly the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Ingredients


1 Can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
2 Tablespoons glcouse syrup - I used corn syrup
1 stick + 1 tablespoon of butter = 140g
180 g white chocolate chooped - grate it or do it finely.
Sea Salt for sprinkling













Method


1.  Line a square tin with non-stick baking spray and then baking paper.





2.  Put all the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and melt them together until the sugar and butter dissolve - mine took about 15 minutes - I stirred most of the time.



3. Turn up the heat so it simmers and stirring constantly (or near enough) bubble it for 6 -8 minutes. 



The original recipe said that it would be coming away from the sides of the pan but I did not experience this.




4.  Turn off the heat - and remove it if you like - and stir in the white chocolate completly - near enough was good enough for me.




5.  Pour it into your prepared tin - sprinkle it with salt and let it set in the fridge - don't poke it or you will get a fingerprint.




6.  Cut into desired sizes - being careful not to push the salt in - it kind-of dissolved.  I found a hot, dry knife made it move through the fudge super quick.




I parceled mine up in clear sandwich bags and then in a decorated paper bag.  I also wrote a little note reminding my family to keep it in the fridge - it's hot here - but if it is Winter where you are- yours might last out of the fridge a bit longer.  I got about 40 pieces.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...