Friday, January 3, 2014

Menu Plan



Here is the first menu plan for 2104.  And in addition to myself being pescatarian - I am also considering following Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar plan for 6 weeks - and during the first two weeks you just cut down on your sugar consumption and really consider how  much you are currently eating.  So this menu focuses on vegetarian mains that also do not have much/no sugar in them.

This year one of my goals is to eat my way though the pantry - not all at once - just cut back on the amount of food in there - it is at capacity - I mean things falling onto your head when you open the door capacity! So after each item I will list the ingredients that I will be using up from my pantry.




Saturday - Pork Ribs/Tempeh, Coleslaw and Corn (ah - nothing in this one)
Sunday - Laksa (laksa paste, coconut cream, noodles, peanuts, fish sauce, soy sauce)
Monday - Nachos (dried beans, kombu, tomatoes, spices, corn chips)
Tuesday - Vegetable tart with cheese
Wednesday - Dinner at my Grandma's
Thursday - Leftovers/Quesadilla's (burrito breads, Tabasco)
Friday - Chops/Tempeh with Mashed Potato and green beans




Saturday - Fish Cakes and Cucumber salad (curry paste)
Sunday - Roast chicken and veggies
Monday - Vegetable Soup, Cheese and Bread
Tuesday - Red Lentil Dahl and Pratha (red lentils, spices, tinned tomatoes)
Wednesday - Dinner at my Grandma's
Thursday - Homemade Pizza
Friday - Noodle/Rice Bowl (noodles/rice, tamari. mirin, pickles)

I am also changing the day that I do my menu plan because I go shopping on every second weekend.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...