Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bible Verse

I haven't really spoken about my faith on this blog but I am a Christian and more specifically, I attend a Lutheran Church.

I am currently reading a book by Courtney Joseph called "Women Living Well" - and I am finding it very insightful and helpful to me in my struggle to find time in my day for spiritual study.



Early on in the book, Courtney suggests writing down a bible verse on a card and carrying it in your wallet or putting it somewhere you will see often to help you memorsie that verse.  Well, the first verse I chose was about contentment and having it in my wallet - everytime I went to buy something I would think - "do I really need this?" and so not only have I now memorised the verse but it stopped me spending money!

So I thought that I would share my verse this week as well for those of you who might be looking for a similar thing.  One of my New Years Resolutions was to learn more patience with my Husband and my Mum - both of whom are close to me and often get my annoyed comment or nasty comment about someone else.

So the verse for this week is:

"When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent." - Proverbs 10:19

I would love to hear how other people handle their not-so-nice thoughts.


PS - If you are looking for any kind of encouragement Courtney's has a wonderful website with links to similarly minded women at womenlivingwell.org



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...