Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Mean Reds

We al know that line from Breakfast at Tiffany's when Hollie says something like  "The blues is because you're getting fat or something like that but when you're down or angry and don't know why that's the mean red's".

That pretty much sums up my attitude at the moment.  I think that I have always had a tendency towards being easily depressed by things.  I thought that I would share the ways that I usually pull myself out or put a stop to them taking over:

  • A walk along the beach (except it has to early or late and preferably stormy)
  • Watching Oklahoma or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
  • Doing the worst bit of university work I have at the moment
  • Reading cook books
  • Cleaning
  • Going to the gym
  • Seeing my friend's for a chat (though not necessarily about anything).
Looking at this list, it doesn't seem like it should be very hard to get happy again, but for some reason these things aren't part of my everyday routine.  While I do understand that to someone people watching Gordon McRae every day might not be so heart-lifting - I'm going to try and do one of these things every day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...