Monday, February 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week not all went as planned!

Quick review:

Nigella Lawson's Penne Alla Vodka was divine.  My beau didn't even realise he was eating a vegetarian meal!  Perfect.  And.. I didn't make anythong else listed on the menu! Ha!  

However can carry over to this week which is using two Giada de Laurentis books: Giada's Kitchen and Everyday Italian.



Monday - Zatar Chicken (and Tofu), Greek Salad and Macaroons

Tuesday - Mum's

Wednesday - Grandma's

Thursday - Tomato soup with lemon and rosemary

Friday - Chicken Scallopini with Saffron cream Sauce (I will have the sauce over polenta) and Rockmelon (Cantaloupe), Red Onion and Walnuts

Saturday - Baked lamb chops and Swiss Chard and Sweet Pea Manacotti

Sunday - Steak (Tofu) and Potato and Zucchini baked with a parmesan crust.

I am attempting to add a bake item to my week like so many others do on their so mine will be Giada's Garlic and Corn Muffins.

In the interest of tracking my spending and wasted food etc but at the expense of being vulgur my shopping this week came to $154.  Is this similar to other people (for 2 adults and 1 cat for the week food and groceries).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...