Monday, June 8, 2009

Lovely Day

It is such a lovely (long) weekend!

The Beau is home until this afternoon.  When I will drive him back to university.  We will stop for lunch at Berrima which is lovely - I'm hoping to take some photos.  I actually have 10 000 photos to lad onto my blog, I just haven't had time to write.

This weekend we caught up with all our friends (it was my first day off from work too) and cooked a lot, ate more and are both nursing hangovers!  

Last night I made fresh ravioli, using egg wanton wrappers and they turned out so much better than making them from my own fresh pasta.  For the filling I used:

  • creme fraiche
  • lemon juice
  • roasted hazelnuts - ground up
  • salt
  • pepper
  • grando padano
The sauce that I served them with was olive oil warmed with dried chillis and anchovies.  

It was delicious but not filling enough for three hungry boys, so I also had salad and garlic bread.  Which also wasn't enough, so then they had leftover quiche and risotto!

Last time I drove home from the Beau's university there was a vintage car rally on.  Everyone who was in the car's had dressed up and looked amazing but it did so  down the already crowded freeway.  Today, I'm going to look a little vintage, but it's so cold and I have to wear all my warm vintage stuff to work, so I'll see what I come up with!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...