Sunday, December 28, 2008

Vegetarian/Vegan

I am now a vegetarian - sort of.  I have been researching the way animals are brought up and then slaughtered and I have decided it's not for me.  I love meat as much as the next person and a black and blue new york strip was my idea of culinary heaven.

i have been toying with  the idea of being macrobiotic for a while. I don't think I can do that just yet as it takes some time to get your head around the yin/yang thing... so I will be a vegetarian (but will still have to cook meat for the boy and brother - still living with me).  I also don't know how my Grandma will react an I think that I shouldn't expect people to cook me different food when I go to their house for dinner or something.

Eventually I hope to be vegan - I have given up milk- cheese is the hard thing.  people say that you should have cheese instead of meat for protein but I am trying to have legumes instead.  I have to watch my iron, I know that but I am also worried about calcium.  But have read recently that calcium is not ll it is made out to be.

The books I am reading that have given my this information are:
Skinny Bitch,
Skinny Bitch in the Kitch,
Practically Macrobiotic,
Eat Me Know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...